Living with COVID-19
As you will be aware the government announced their plans for Living with COVID-19 this week. The DFE have outlined the changes for schools, and we wanted to communicate these to you. The changes will be effective from today, Thursday 24th February 2022.
Obviously, the changes are significant adjustments to the way that we have been operating in school, but please be advised that we are following government guidance and the local schools in our trust are also updating information for parents and carers. We are sure that many of you will welcome these changes, and we hope that it will feel closer to normality for children and adults in our community.
The key messages from the information that has been shared with us are outlined below;
- Children and staff should stay home if they are unwell and displaying symptoms, e.g. high temperature or persistent cough. Lateral flow tests will no longer be available free of charge from 1st April 2022.
- Have a PCR test if you have COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and avoid contact with other people. If you test positive isolate for at least 5 full days, then continue to follow the guidance until you receive 2 negative lateral flow tests on consecutive days.
- Continue to ventilate classrooms.
- Wash hands regularly and follow the advice to "Catch it, Bin it, Kill it".
- Staff will no longer be required to undertake twice weekly lateral flow tests.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.