We are looking to appoint a hardworking, flexible, and friendly caretaker to join our team. This is a part time position (15 hours per week) for a one-year fixed term contract (with a view to extend the post). There will be some flexibility as to how the hours will be worked, although we are anticipating the hours to be worked over 5 days (Monday to Friday), 4 days from 1.30pm to 4.30pm, and one day from 11am to 2pm.
The caretaker’s role is to provide a caretaking service to maintain the internal building, minimise risks to the health and safety of those using the school site and to limit the possibility of damage to the school premises and loss of property though theft outside normal school hours. The post holder will report to the School Business Manager and will assist with the day to day running of the internal building, including general maintenance and repairs.
The right candidate will:
• Be hardworking, flexible, and trustworthy
• Have a basic understanding of Health and Safety regulations, procedures and the principles of equality and diversity
• Have a good eye for details
• Have a good range of practical skills and be able to operate basic equipment
• Be able to undertake manual handling and physically demanding work
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• An alignment to a can-do culture.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th February 2021. Online interviews will take place in the afternoon on Wednesday 3rd March 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via a DBS check.
For more details please see eteach job advert