Scholastic Travelling Book Fair
This event will take place on 15/06/2021 until 21/06/2021
From the 15th — 21st of June we will be hosting a Scholastic Travelling Book Fair. The commission from sales at the fair allows us to purchase new books for the library and class reading lessons, so every book you buy helps us. There are lots of exciting new titles on sale as outlined in the brochure attached to this parent mail.
In order to comply with our Covid19 risk assessment, the book fair needs to be run slightly differently to previous years, as outlined below.
- Children will have the opportunity to visit the book fair during the week. They will write down the name of the titles they would like to purchase.
- Parents can then complete the payment online by visiting travellingbooks.co.uk/pay. Search for Northmead by school by name or postcode (GU2 9ZA) and complete your payment details. We will not be accepting gift vouchers, so please only select the online payment option.
- Once payment is complete, you must print out and fill in the completed parent order form which is included on the attached book brochure. Please make sure you have included your payment reference and the books you would like to buy.
- Return the order form to school marked for the attention of Miss Lewis.
- The books will then be sent home with your child before the 22nd of June.
I apologise that we cannot open the fair to parents at this time.
Importantly, do remember for every £1 you spend on books Northmead will earn 20p in Scholastic rewards, which means free books for the children to benefit from. With less fundraising possibilities being available currently, this is even more crucial than normal, so if you are able to support your children in buying a book or two, this will be greatly appreciated.
Please send in order forms and complete your online payments by Friday 18th June.