Year Four Parents Meeting
This event will take place between 3:15pm and 3:45pm on 20/06/2019.
For the rest of this term year 4 will begin their learning about relationships and growing up. Discussions will take place as part of the children’s weekly PSHE lessons. We feel it is important that you are fully informed of what we will be discussing at school.
The key areas we will explore are…
- The characteristics of a family and how families can be different.
- How our bodies grow and change.
- Physical changes during puberty.
- Personal hygiene in relation to puberty. For girls we will explain about sanitary protection and personal hygiene during menstruation.
- Mood changes related to puberty.
- Showing emotions. Within this discussion we will talk about touching as a sign of affection and when a child’s personal space is being invaded, with the aim of helping children develop an understanding that we are in charge of our bodies and have a right to say no.
The children will be watching a DVD which explains the physical changes that take place in boys and girls during puberty. If you would like to watch the DVD prior to your child seeing it, we will show the programme on Thursday 20th June at 3.15 in 4M.
This short meeting will also give you an opportunity to ask any further questions. Children will be able to wait in 4R, with a teacher supervising them.
If you have any concerns, but are unable to attend the meeting, or you wish your child to be withdrawn from these lessons, please contact Mrs Mclean via letter or a phone call to the school office.